Pasta ..... It is something I make at least once a week for dinner. It is easy to make and I don't have to make any other side dish along with it.And my kids and usually all the kids I know here love Pasta. It is also a great way to make kids eat vegetables.I add lots of vegetables and sausage so kids get somewhat a complete meal. Initially it was my husband who was the official Pasta Maker and Spaghetti Maker in the family. Now I learned to make pasta from him. Spaghetti is easy but I am lazy to learn.
1) Pasta ( I usually use Rotini or Penne) - 1 packet
2) Pesto sauce - 2-3 tbsp
3) Pasta Sauce (I usually use Prego) - 1 1/2 - 2 cup
4) Alfredo sauce - 2-3 tbsp
5) Butter- 3-4 tbsp
6) Garlic (crushed) - 3-4 cloves
7) Mushroom( sliced) - 8 oz (227 gm)
8) Broccoli - 1 bunch
9) Zucchini / Green squash - 1
10) Sausage (sliced)-(optional)
11) Pepper powder - 1 tsp
12) Parmesan Cheese- to sprinkle
13) Olive oil
- In a large sauce pan, take plenty of water. Add salt and pour 1-2 tbsp olive oil. When water comes to rolling boil, add Pasta. Stir occasionally. Cook it uncovered till it become tender. Usually 9 min. (Check the package for cooking time. It depends on Pasta you use). When it is cooked, drain the water and keep it aside.
- In a large pan, heat olive oil. Add crushed garlic. Saute. When the aroma comes , saute for a few seconds and add the vegetables. Sprinkle salt and mix well. Cover the pan and cook for few minutes. Stir in between. When the vegetables are somewhat cook , add COOKED sausage.
- Add Pepper powder, butter, Pesto sauce, Pasta sauce and Alfredo sauce. Mix well.
- When it boils, toss in the cooked Pasta.
- Sprinkle with Cheese.
Note: You can use Alfredo sauce instead of PREGO sauce. Most people seems to prefer Alfredo over Prego/ Ragu. Alfredo is white in color and Prego is red. Prego's main ingredient is tomato and Alfredo is cheese. Pesto sauce main ingredient is basil .If you want, you can add fresh or dry basil in your pasta.