Lent season.... time to try out new vegetarian dishes. This dish was the outcome of my experiment.
1.Chana/ Chickpeas / Kadala - 1/2- 1cup (I added 1 cup because I like lot of chickpeas in kuttucurry)
2.Carrot (diced) -2
3.Potato (diced) - 1
4.Zucchini (diced)- 1
5.Raw Banana (diced) - 1
6.Ginger - 1 piece
7.Pepper powder - 1 tsp
8.Chilly powder- 1/2 tsp
9.Turmeric Powder - 1/2 tsp
11. Curry leaves
12. Coconut oil - 1-2 tbsp
Grated Coconut - 1- 1 1/4 cup
Green chilly - 1
Cumin- 1 tsp
- Pressure cook chana with enough water for 3-4 whistles or until cook.
- Cook the vegetables with ginger, pepper powder, Chilly powder, turmeric powder and salt.
- Add cooked chana and mix well.
- Add the grind-ed ingredients and cook with the lid closed for 2-3 minutes.
- Heat coconut oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds. After it is popped add 1 tbsp of grated coconut, Red chilly and curry leaves. Saute well.
- When the grated coconut turn brown add it into the kuttucurry. Mix well.