Friday, August 24, 2012

Chicken Hearts Fry

Chicken Hearts ..... As a kid it was something I used to search in chicken curries. When my parents finds one they used to give that to me. Now I follow the same tradition. My son loves it and asks me while I cook. "Amma, did you get it?.

While I was visiting my brother- in-law, my Co-sister made a curry with "Chicken hearts"with Puttu for breakfast. It was so delicious. We all loved it. We had lots and lots of chicken heart without searching it in chicken curry. I told my husband that we should buy it from there and take it home. Till then I was not aware that it was available in our local store too. So the next time we saw "Chicken Hearts" sitting in our store we brought it. And my son kept on reminding me about making it. He even took care of his younger brother while I made this dish. I heard him telling his little brother, "Chettan (Big brother in malayalam) is really hungry and Amma is making curry. So don't disturb her."

Well, here goes the recipe.

.



Ingredients:
1)Chicken Heart - 2 Lb

2) Big Onions - 3 (Sliced)
3)Garlic - 10-12 cloves (Chopped)
4) Ginger - 1 piece (Chopped)
5) Green Chilly - 2
6) Curry leaves

7)Chilly powder - 2 Tsp
8) Coriander powder - 3 Tsp
9) Turmeric powder - 1 Tsp
10) Perinjeerakam Powder(Fennel Seeds Powder ) - 1 tsp
11) Garam Masala - 3 Tsp

Method:

  • Add oil to a pan. When it is hot add the Onions. Ginger, Garlic and Green Chillies. Saute. 
  • When  onions turns brown add curry leaves. Saute. Add the masalas - Chilly powder, Coriander Powder, Turmeric Powder, Perinjeerakam Powder, Garam Masala Powder. Saute well.
  • When the aroma of masalas roasted comes, add the chicken hearts and salt. Saute and cover the pan with lid.
  • Remove the lid when the heart is cooked. And stir occasionally till the water dries up.

Source: My own recipe






10 comments:

  1. Hi rosy,

    Wonderful blog and yummy receipe...

    I loved step by step snaps and your presentation..

    Thanks for sharing the receipe...

    ReplyDelete
  2. thnks a bunch....was searching for this

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just cooked you recipe. Felt like home. Thank You.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just cooked you recipe. Felt like home. Thank You.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear that this recipe made u nostalgic .

    ReplyDelete
  6. I gonna try this today.. thanks for adding this recipe

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks for sharing this , I am going to try this to night

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks. best of luck with the recipe !

    ReplyDelete

Readers, waiting to hear from you ! Your questions, comments, suggestions are always welcome....