Carrot- Paneer Stuffed Chappathi is very easy to make and it is ideal for breakfast and dinner. You can serve it with Curry or Raitha. I made this last week when I felt that I need a change from the ordinary chappathi. Besides my both kids don't prefer curries with chappathi. They eat it plain. So sometimes I hide vegetables in chappathi by stuffing it.
1) Wheat flour- 2 cups
2)Oil/ Ghee- 1 tbsp
3) Water- more or less one cup
5) Carrot - 1
6) Paneer - 1/2 cup
7) Pepper powder - 1/2-1 tsp
- In a chopper, Add carrot and Paneer. Chop or grate it to fine. Add pepper powder and salt. Mix it.
- To the flour , add oil/ ghee and mix it with finger tips. Add salt and water. Add water part by part. Knead well. ( Refer the post " How to make good chappathi ). Roll the dough into a big ball.
- Make small balls with the dough. Roll out into thick chappathi.
- Place 1 1/2 -2 tbsp of Carrot- Paneer mix on the center of the chappathi.
- Close it as shown as in picture. Press over the edges. Roll with rolling pin on the top of it.
- Heat a griddle/ pan, place the chappathi when it is hot.
- Fry on both sides. Brush ghee.
Makes approximately 10 stuffed chappathi
Source: Adapted from vanitha