1) Broccoli - 1 bunch
2) Grated Coconut - 1/2 -3/4 cup
3) Green chilly - 1
4) Pearl Onions -2
5) Turmeric Powder - 1/2 tsp
6) Curry leaves
7) Mustard seeds
- Chop florets of broccoli nicely.
- Grind roughly grated coconut, Pearl Onions, green chilly and curry leaves
- Heat oil in a pan. Splutter mustard seeds.
- Add the curry leaves and broccoli. Stir. Mix the grind ingredients and salt. Close the lid. Stir occasionally removing the lid. Cook for 1-2 minutes and serve.
- Before cooking I usually soak broccoli in cold water mixed with 1 tsp of vinegar . This step kills the worms if any.
- You can omit the 3rd step if you need a really healthy recipe without oil.