This is a very easy fish recipe. Last week my friend, "M.." brought me a "fish-mango curry" she made it using her grandmother's recipe. This reminded me of one of my family recipe. I leafed through my hand written recipe book and found it at last. Last sunday my husband brought some fish and I made this curry.
1) Fish - 3 LB ( I used 2 striped bass) (Cut it into 3-4 pieces)
2) Raw Mango (Cut lengthwise) - 1
Grated Coconut- 1 cup
Garlic - 4-5 cloves
Ginger - 1" piece
Turmeric Powder- 1 Tsp
Chilly Powder - 2 Tbsp
Mustard Seeds- 1/4 tsp
Fenugreek seeds- 1-2 pinch
Pearl Onion (sliced) -2
- Add the grind ingredients to a clay pot/ pan. Add Water, Mango, Fish and Salt.
- When it starts boiling lower the flame. Cover and cook.
- In a skillet, heat oil. When it is hot, add the mustard seeds and then Fenugreek seeds. When the mustard seeds stop popping, add Onions. When it starts turning brown add the curry leaves. When the onion is browned add it to the fish.
Source: My mother