Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Brownie (My sister's own recipe)

This recipe and picture was sent to me by my youngest sister, Maria. She makes cakes, desserts, pizza,  puddings, pasta, wafers, Nan.....etc. I always tell her to start a blog. But she don't want to do it. But she is a active critic and support of my blogs. She had send me recipes of her and was telling me that it is perfectly o.k with her if I used it as mine and take the credit. Well, even it is my sister's I don't want to take undeserved credits. Here goes one of her recipes, that is perfectly her own recipe.




Ingredients:

    1)    Butter- ½  cup
    2)   Cocoa powder - 10-12 Tbsp
    3)    Powdered sugar- 2 cup
    4)     Flour - 2/3 cup
    5)     Salt- ½ Tsp
    6)      Eggs – 2
    7)    Vanilla extract - 1 Tsp
    8)     Milk – ¼ cup
    9)    Chopped cashewnuts/ walnuts or pecans – 2 cups

Method:
·         Preheat the oven at 320F (160°C).
·         Melt the butter and add cocoa powder. Mix well.
·         Add sugar, flour, salt, eggs, vanilla extract and milk to the above mixture and mix well.
·         Add  cashew nuts, walnuts or pecans pieces. ( She used cashew nuts since other nuts were not easily available in kerala.)
·         Bake for 35-40 minute until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
·        Cut into squares and serve.



Source of Recipe & Picture: Maria (My sister)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Readers, waiting to hear from you ! Your questions, comments, suggestions are always welcome....