Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Apple Harvest Cake and Apple Harvest Muffins

Apple Harvest Cake  
or
Apple Harvest Muffins


This recipe is actually a bread recipe. Original recipe asks to bake in 3 small loaf pans. I once made this dish and gave it to my sister in law. Whenever I make something special, I usually give it to my neighbors and my sister in law who lives close by.(They also do the same. So I always get to taste variety of dishes) She loved it and kept on telling me how soft it was. So for her birthday I thought I will make a cake out of that recipe. I decorated it with flowers made out of fondant icing. Well, I haven't attended any classes on icing or I don't have any flower cutters (now) so please excuse the imperfections of the flowers.
This recipe can be used to make either cake or  muffin, you just have to change the baking time.









Ingredients:


1) Flour - 2 cups
2) Packed light brown sugar -1/2 cup
3) Salt - 1/2 tsp
4) Baking soda - 1 tsp
5) Baking Powder - 1/2 tsp
6) Ground Nutmeg - 1 tsp
7) Ground Cinnamon- 1 tsp
8) Ground Cloves - 1/2 tsp
9) Sugar - 1 1/2 cups
10) Butter (Softened) - 3/4 cup
11) Eggs- 2
12) Pumpkin (Cooked& mashed) - 1 lb or (Pumpkin 150z can)
13) Vanilla extract - 1 tsp
14) Apples (Peeled and diced or shredded) - 4
15) Raisins- 1/2  cup
16) Walnut - 1/2 cup (optional)


Method:

  •  Pre-heat oven to 350 F. Grease 9 " cake pan or muffin pan.
  • In a small bowl, Mix flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, spices and brown sugar.
  • In another bowl, cream sugar and butter. Beat in eggs one by one.Add  pumpkin and vanilla. Beat again. Add the flour mixture slowly stirring until it is moistened. Stir in apples, raisins and walnuts. Pour the batter into prepared pans.
  • Bake the cake for 45-50 min or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
  • For Muffins, Bake for 20-25 min
  • Cool it for 10 min and remove it from pan and place it on wire rack for cooling.

Cake - 12 serving
Muffins- 24

Recipe adapted from Home cooking the Costco way








No comments:

Post a Comment

Readers, waiting to hear from you ! Your questions, comments, suggestions are always welcome....